WP eStore Review: WordPress e-Commerce Plugin With Potential But Too Painful To Maintain
I wanted to sell digital products (ebooks) on my site and was looking for the following features in a WordPress eCommerce Plugin:
- The ability to sell several ebooks in pdf and word document form.
- Ways to protect unauthorised duplication and distribution of the books.
- Something which looked nice and was not too hard to use.
Setting-up this WordPress eCommerce plugin was not the easiest experience though. After the initial setup, no emails were being sent to purchasers with download links for the books. And once that was fixed, the download links in the emails were not working.
It took me a few hours of fiddling around with the settings, reading their support forums and testing, before I got everything working.
It would work fine for a while but then after a few weeks I’d receive some emails from people, who had bought the books but not received any email to download them. I then had to manually secure the books and send them to everyone. After that, it was back to the support forums and hours of testing for me.
I think the plugin breaks very easily, with updates to other plugins, caching issues or other such things. It was taking up way too much of my time and I never knew when something would go wrong. I really wanted something which I could set and forget.
So while I think the plugin had great potential, as of today, I’m not using it any more and deleted it from my site, just before writing this WP eStore review.
Buy WP eStore Plugin now and get special cashback 15% OFF WP eStore Plugin using WP eStore Coupon Codes

No comments:
Post a Comment